Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dulce de Leche Tartletts

Although I haven't been cooking dinner for the past couple of days, I had some leftover dulce de leche filling so I decided to make bite-size versions.


These are so dangerous because I can't stop eating them!





They came out a little deformed but I don't think they look that bad.

Here's the original recipe that I've used a couple of times before:

Dulce de Leche Pecan Pie
Courtesy of Dessert Comes First

Ingredients:
Your favorite dough for a 9 or 10-inch pie crust
1½ cups pecans
1 can dulce de leche (make your own or buy it prepared)
½ cup caramel sauce (your favorite recipe made with butter and brown sugar or store-bought)
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 eggs
1/4 cup corn syrup

Roll dough out to fit your chosen pie pan. Line pan with the dough and trim off any excess with a paring knife. Blind bake pie crust and set aside while you prepare the filling.

Heat oven to 350° F.

Pour the pecans into the pie shell. I prefer it with a little less than what it calls for. I'm not the biggest pecan fan.

In the bowl of a food processor or with a hand mixer, combine the dulce de leche, caramel sauce, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and corn syrup and processor until smooth, about 40 seconds.

Pour over the pecans in the pie shell.

Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until just set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

2 comments:

DFTH said...

Lifeflix, Can I order Dulce de Leche Tartletts? I'm sure you can send via UPS? I want to try them! They look ssssooo tasty!

dfth

Marichelle said...

I will investigate shipping options. Although, you'll have to wait until next year... (but I'll see if I can squeeze in a batch before I go). Lifeflix goes on holiday next week =)