Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Last Night's Dinner #16: Dulce de Leche Pecan Pie


Dulce de Leche Pecan Pie
Recipe Courtesy of Lori at Dessert Comes First
Difficulty: Hard (if you make the crust, dulce de leche and caramel sauce from scratch)

We had leftovers last night but I did manage to bake Lori's Dulce de Leche Pecan Pie. I had some issues with the crust because I was convinced that I had enough crust (frozen) from the lemon tarts I made a while ago... I didn't! But I was too lazy to whip up another batch so I made do with what I had but it didn't come out as deep and thick. So, I ended up with tons of extra pie filling and a very very thin pie. But a VERY VERY good thin pie. You have to try this recipe!!

You first need to blind bake (bake without the filling) the crust:



Tip: Since the crust was blind baked, you might want to cover the edge with an inverted tart pan without the bottom; if you notice that the edges are getting burnt. See image 3.



See Dessert Comes First for recipe details.

No comments: