Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hutch/Buffet Painted


I finally painted the Buffet/Hutch!!

Here's what it used to look like. The color was inspired by the green Domino book and one of Barbara's pieces (it's the green hutch on the portfolio page). I find myself being drawn to this green lately... wonder if I'm over all that grey yet?!



I'm such a huge fan of Knack Studios and would consider moving to South Carolina to work for food & lodging just to be able to wash Barbara's paint brushes or cut sandpaper pieces. She is the master of jazzing up furniture and has given me so much inspiration... So in her honor, I'm officially naming this Buffet/Hutch - BB (bee-bee) for Barbara Blair.

7 comments:

julles said...

i looove it marichelle!!!

knack said...

oh my word!! Can I just say that you are amazing and your hutch is amazing!!

Thanks so much for naming it after me!! I'm doing the happy dance!! You have made my day very special!! xoxo

barb blair

blue moss said...

love the bb hutch!!!!
i agree....barb is amazing!

cranny + b said...

hey! Your hutch looks so happy and refreshed! I'm Barb's sister and just wanted to say that it makes my heart happy that people appreciate her talent and can learn from her!

Thanks much for this beautiful post!

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I love the lines on the yellow chair ... I wish I could have 6 of them. Great work.

Liane said...

hey marichelle- i'm in a phase all about this shade of green too! i just bought a vintage cabinet in this color and i tried to pick a paint color like this one for a floor in my house but, erm, it...did not...turn out right:( what color/brand is this one??

Marichelle said...

it's actually Rust-oleoum (I bought it from Home Depot) - Leafy Green in Satin finish. I hope you'll be able to find it!