Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Let there be light...

The lighting in our apartment is pretty awful. I've walked out of my apartment thinking that I had black on, just to find out that it was navy blue half-way down my block. My cheeks have also been known to look like they've just been burned due to liberal amounts of bronzer/blush - it looked ok to me ;-/ Fortunately for me, the apartment is usually drenched with natural sunlight during the afternoon hours, so it's not dark and depressing. I think the issues are largely due to the brick wall, it casts a yellow/orange hue over everything and really causes havoc on colors.

So you can just imagine how challenging it is to work on crafts, maybe that's why I end up felting obscene body parts instead of animals. Anway, I finally got myself a lamp ($19.99). I clamped it to my work table and ta da! I even bought one those fancy natural sun light bulbs (Verilux Natural Spectrum Light Bulbs)- it supposedly provides natural light. What? I'm a sucker for things like that.



Anyway, I started a new project yesterday and my eyes were beaming with happiness. Look at all that light. No more straining!!! Now I just need a bigger table.

No comments: