Monday, June 28, 2010

Shower Part Deux

Shower II

Another hot and steamy weekend, as if breathing wasn't hard enough these days. I never thought I'd find myself hoping for some rain so it could cool down a bit!

Despite the weather we had another great weekend! A huge thanks to my friends Zandra and Karen who threw us another awesome shower party on Saturday. You guys are the best! What would Jonathan and I do without our surrogate family?? Love you guys! And thank you to everyone who made it despite of the US/Ghana match :)

Shower Activity - Emma's ABC's

They also came up with the coolest baby shower activity - each guest had to draw a page to add to Emma's ABC's book. Such a cute idea!!

We also attended a birthing class on Sunday at our hospital. I thought it was useful for us to take it together but if you've already done your homework and have read a good amount of books on birthing/labor/pain med options etc., the videos and discussions may not be as useful. Honestly, I think it's more for the dad - so that alone made it worth while for us to do. My favorite part was when we got to practice some breathing and stretching techniques using the birthing ball - I wish the class spent more time on that sort of stuff!

5 comments:

Karen said...

our pleasure! you're the 3rd arruejo sister ;-) your pics always makes things look so elegant. hope you had a good time! miles is practicing for the next battle :-)

Zee said...

hope you had fun you cutie preggers!! love ya!! btw,hillsy cracks me up...classic!! you need to post that on you tube :)

Ez said...

Wow! Looks like a wonderful shower! And what a genius baby shower activity! I love it!
xo Ez

Melissa de la Fuente said...

So beautiful! Great job Karen and Z! I love, LOVE that activity! Such a genius idea and one little E will treasure forever I bet! YAY!
xo
Melis

heather said...

what beautiful cupcakes and decor! and a lovely abc book to boot!