Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Menu

This week is crazy but I love Thanksgiving and I'm really looking forward to cooking a special dinner for a couple of friends.

It would've been nice to see some of the family but it's also nice to spend the holidays with other strays =)

I'll be signing off early today and will be M.I.A until Monday. So an early Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating this week and I'll speak to you next week.



I'm actually going to start prepping for most of the dishes today. Luckily I can also get a head start with dessert, thank goodness for my low-maintenance choice!

So here's what I'll be whipping up for a party of four.

Cocktail: Mulled Wine

Appetizer:
Roasted Chestnuts in Soy Caramel

Main:

:: Baked Brown Sugar Crusted Ham (Hillsy bought the ham from J. Baczynsky's Meat Market)
:: Stuffed Cornish Hens with Gravy
:: Herb sausage and chestnut stuffing - I'll be using this Martha and a Real Simple recipe as guides
:: Roasted asparagus with caramelized shallots wrapped in Prosciutto - inspired by this recipe
:: Giant Cheese Popovers
:: Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges

Dessert:
Milk & Cookies (Buttermilk panna cotta with Chocolate Chunk Cookies)

No comments: