Monday, September 10, 2007

Heart-made goodies (bunny + pin cushion)

The craft department was busy this weekend...



I made Julia (Karen's daughter sheesh Karen you're getting a lot of press today!) a bunny for her room.

I was flipping through Softies: Simple Instructions for 25 Plush Pals (great book) at Barnes and Nobles on Friday and saw a really cute pin cushion I wanted to try making. Here's what I ended up with:


It was really hard to get the flowers right but at then end I think I got the hang of it.

Zandra made a great comment last week about hand-made crafts. She was complaining about her hands cramping up while she was embroidering her needle wallet...
"now I know why people charge so much for hand-made goods!"
It's so true, I don't think you can really have a true appreciation for hand-made goods until you try making something yourself.

Sometimes, you look at something and think "I can so do that, why should I pay $80 for a bunny sitting on a can covered in tissue paper?". Now I know it's because someone actually spent time pouring their heart and love (not to mention the hand cramps) into it.

No comments: