Monday, July 23, 2007

Cookware / Kitchen Peg-boards



Happy Monday.
I'm obsessed with peg boards and I'm seeing them everywhere. Both Domino and CHOW have great tutorials on how to install one.



I'm determined to put one up in the kitchen to free up some cabinet space and to make it easier to store cookware. I'm just worried about whether or not the walls are going to cooperate. I'm not too sure about stenciling in the shapes either. If I do, I'd probably do it in color. The problem is that the kitchen is about 100 degrees and it's a little too hot to be messing around in there. The AC isn't powerful enough to cool the entire apartment so the curtain to the kitchen must always remain closed - so when I get nostalgic and have a desire to relive my childhood years and sweat in tropical-like temperatures, you know where to find me.

If you don't want to install a board to your wall - attaching chains to the ceiling or using cake cooling racks along with S hooks are other fun alternatives. There's a post on thriftyfun.com with lots of other great pot rack ideas.



PS.
Amanda - thank you for reading!!! What's weird about writing a blog is that you're never quite sure if you're just talking to yourself!

2 comments:

DFTH said...

Bangs? you're lucky I dig pussycat dolls. Next time you get a haircut, take a picture at the salon during alteration. Don't be surprise if you see Ces, MJ and Cheryl with the same hairstyle next time. Hey I have an idea, you guys can perform at Nika's party in November.. Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me, Don't cha!

Marichelle said...

Lintik - you crack me up! I'm happy I can amuse you every morning =)