Monday, December 15, 2008

Sucker or Taking the Highroad?

I'm a firm believer that I have no control over what other people do or how they choose to deal with relationships, but what I do have control over is how I react to the actions that affect me.

When someone wrongs you*... do you:
a) Call them out on it or
b) Let it go

I go back and forth on this all the time. I was recently wronged but I've decided to just let it go (I guess half-let it go since I am writing about it here!). I can't lie - I kinda feel like a sucker butt for it.

* I don't mean in a life-altering way, just in a rude & petty kind of way

4 comments:

Karen said...

i would let the person gently know that they wronged you...i would want someone to let me know if i wronged them...especially if i didn't mean to wrong them. right??? :-)

Marichelle said...

I hear ya, but to me, unless the relationship means the world to me it's easier to just let it be. Believe me, if you or any of my close girlfriends did something that offended me - you'd hear it from me :)

Sometimes it's just not worth the additional aggravation that may come out of it all. Also, it gets tiring after a while, I'm not a moral/ethics/manners cop. Oh and I was watching "Lucky You" last night and I learned that sometimes you just gotta know when to fold :)

IamSusie said...

Reactions really depend on the relationship. Even with a close friend, sometimes the best thing to do is to let it go. I'd prefer using different terminology: "misunderstanding" instead of "wronged", but I really don't know your specific situation.

jora said...

Oh, that is a tough one. I have a hard time letting things go when it is so clear-cut. I know it's probably better for everyone in the long run to just let.....it......go. Thanks for the reminder. :)