Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Furniture Refurb #2

Remember these babies?


Finally got around to spraying them. I'm not a black furniture fan but since we opted for a blackish tv stand I needed 2 more things to be black. If I learned anything at all from watching hours and hours of Top Design - one thing to keep in mind is that it helps to balance things out if you maintain a 3-thing rule. So you can have multiple finishes and color in a room, just as long as there are 3 of them you can make it work (I'm sure I'll be breaking that rule, but it's a good thing to keep in mind).


I first primed them with grey primer then 2 coats of glossy black. At first I wasn't sure if glossy would be glossy enough - I bought black lacquer spray just in case. Glossy was glossy enough - go figure!

I can't find the exact lamp I bought (currently too lazy to get my butt up and go downstairs to take a pic), but it pretty much looks like this one.

Final price: $4 for the tables ($2/each) + $15 for primer+ 1 1/2 cans of black gloss cans + less than 1 hour of labor/love

PS. Lisa, I'm so happy that my posts have inspired you to start thrifting around for furniture! Yard/moving sales are my favorite - keep me posted and take pics!

No comments: