Wednesday, July 9, 2008

e-cleaning

So I started organizing my bookmarks yesterday and wow do I have a ton of them. I have over 50 folders and lord knows how many bookmarks in each. I WILL get through them all by the end of this week!!! I've also backed them up in del.icio.us (please, if you haven't yet - back up your bookmarks now!! You never know when your computer will decide to quit on you and poof all your favorites gone).

You can do two simple things...
1) Export your favorites/bookmarks and email yourself the "bookmark.html" file so you'll have it even if our computer crashes. Note that you won't have bookmarks that you save after you export the file... so your safe bet would be to do ...
2) sign-up for a free account at http://del.icio.us/ (I'm sure there are others but that's the one I use and back up your current favorites there and continue using their service instead of saving your bookmarks on your computer. OH and yes, it is a "social bookmarking" web service, but you don't have to make your faves public. Just make sure you choose the private option.

In the meantime, here are some fun links that I found while cleaning up...

How well do you know your chocolate bars?

Still unsure about who to vote for this fall? Take this choose your candidate quiz...

No comments: