Friday, February 8, 2008

Crafter's Block

[feeling frustrated]

I've been reading a paragraph from Meg Ilasco's Craft Inc. over and over again, to help keep my spirits up...

"Many designers don't know their product in detail at the beginning. They sketch, compose several prototypes, and probably make numerous mistakes before arriving at the finished product. Even the most accomplished artist will produce mediocre working during his development. So don't worry too much about results now; this is not the time to be your harshest critic. Consider this your creative laboratory phase - your initial projects are seeds for further development..."



This is what I ended up making yesterday - I'm really not happy with how it turned out, but I guess my goal was to MAKE SOMETHING and that I definitely achieved :-/

I do like the overall technique (raw seams, mixed pattern) and style but I just don't like the final look of it. Oh and I made up a new word sew-dle, the sewing version of doodle. I guess this would be my first sew-dle since I really didn't set out to make anything specific. I just grabbed a bunch of fabric scraps and this is what I came up with.

No comments: