Monday, January 14, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up: Turkish Delight



I spent Friday night engaged with my new project - I was just in the zone and couldn't pry myself from Greta. Surprisingly I still managed to force myself to use up the last package of meat that I bought for the week (or else it would've been wasted coz I don't think it would've survived another day in the fridge). I wanted to try making a good and simple stew. It turned out pretty good - I'll write up the recipe in a little bit. You can't beat slow-cooking a cheap cut of meat into something tender and melt in the mouth.

Our spinning class on Saturday was tougher than ever. Not because of the actual workout but because of the music. It was just plain awful. We've been trying to decide if we should go find another class to take, but the instructor is really nice and she really makes an effort when putting together the playlist. We're also two of her "regulars", so we would feel bad going AWOL. Besides, we already stopped taking her Friday classes.The rest of the morning was spent running errands as usual.



We ventured out into Astoria for a dinner party on Saturday night. Great company, the wine flowed endlessly and the food (Turkish) was awesome. And her apartment was inspiring - each room had a different color. She also had an impressive collection of pure white cotton sheets (some adorned with embroidery and lacework edges) from Turkey, effortlessly draped over curtain rods. I've been nagging Hillsy about painting our walls since we left her apartment =)


Turkish coffee - this stuff is potent!

Thanks again Bahar! It was delicious - as predicted! I can't believe I was able to gulp down your Turkish coffee - that was strong as hell and definitely kept us awake for our train ride home!

I spent Sunday morning tidying up. I'm not sure what came over me, but I had the intense desire to clean out the bookshelves and make sure that everything was still in color-order. I also tried to organize my sewing supplies in preparation for the new Elfa drawers that I'll be purchasing this afternoon. I'm hoping to organize my area in this manner.

I also met up with a friend who's visiting from Germany. We took him to two of Hillsy's favorite bars and by the end of the night, we made the decision to take a trip out to Munich this year to repay the visit. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that coffee certainly looks very potent. You are truly courageous. :)