Friday, November 9, 2007

From Finance to Fashion

Happy Friday! Speak to you on Monday.



My friend Fabienne passed along a great new find - Dotted Line. Not only does Dorothy (designer & proprietress) make the cutest dresses but her personal story is truly inspirational:

"When I graduated from University, I started my career in banking where I spent the next several years. Although it was what I had always wanted to do, I couldn’t help but feel there was something missing. After some soul searching, I decided to exchange my spreadsheets and conference calls for a tape measure and fabric hunts. I started taking dressmaking classes and then progressed to full-time fashion design. Dotted Line is the result of this leap of faith."

Although she's based in Singapore, Dottedline.com ships internationally. The Jackie, After Hours and Tea Party dresses are my personal favorites! Oh and she also has a blog - Drastic Measures.

No comments: