Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Last Night's Dinner #25: No-fry Fried Chicken with Bubble & Squeak

I finally tried out the No-fry Finger Lickin' Good Fried Chicken recipe last night and it was definitely a winner. It actually tasted like fried chicken, I swear! One taste of this chicken and you won't go near a fryer again!

I modified it slightly by soaking the drumsticks in buttermilk for 5 hours but I honestly don't think it makes a huge difference. It took approximately 45 minutes to cook (turning over halfway through). So good!

I also had leftover veggies (mashed potatoes, green peas and cherry tomatoes) from Sunday night's dinner at Westville; so I decided to make bubble and squeak. Bubble and squeak is a traditional English dish made out of leftover vegetables from Sunday night's roast dinner. You basically chop up leftover veggies and mix it with mashed potatoes and brown both sides.


Karen said...

yummy! how come yours look so much crunchier than mine...used more panko??? i'm going to make those again this week.

Marichelle said...

I used less panko than cheese, but pressed-on loads of it onto the chicken! Maybe coz the chicken was so wet fr the buttermilk, it absorbed more of it??? Yummmmm...