Want your kiddies (big kiddies included) to look
this happy at tonight's dinner table?
Then try Karen's easy to make No-Fry Finger Lickin' Good Fried Chicken. Thanks Karen for our first reader-submitted recipe and pictures! Keep them coming!!
No-Fry Finger Lickin' Good Fried Chicken
Recipe and images courtesy of Karen
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50 mins or until browned
Difficulty: Mom with 2 kids running around in the background EASY
- 8 drumsticks or whatever is on sale at the store *except wings
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese *feel free to mix in Romano if you have some around
- 1/4 cup panko *Karen is adamant that you use panko for optimal crispage; so go out and get some!
- dried herbs you have in the pantry (ie. paprika, parsley, garlic etc)
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven at 400F.
Step 1. Beat eggs in a medium bowl, add a small pinch of salt and set aside.
Step 2. Wash chicken, trim fat and dry with paper towels. Season very lightly with salt and pepper.
Step 3. In a separate bowl, combine cheese, panko, dried herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step 4. Using your right hand, pick up a drumstick and dip into egg mixture and coat. Still using your right hand, pick up and drop into dry mixture. With your left hand, throw some of the dry mixture over the piece and toss around to fully coat. Pick up and place on a broiler pan so that the oil drips down and doesn't make it soggy. Repeat. Just remember to use one hand for dry and one hand for wet ;-)
Step 5. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until browned.
* Karen warns that the blood slowly ooozes out during the cooking process. Don't be alarmed - just simply scrape it off before serving.