Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Fruits of Labor

A nice close to summer...

Inspired by Martha's show on Friday, I decided to start making animals. Don't ask why... it was just one of those "Ooooh I wanna make that!" moments. Here's a preview of what they look like - don't worry they'll have limbs too! I'm not really sure what I'll do with my new zoo, I'm sure I'll think of something ;-)



Don't have time to whip up dessert? No worries... Ice-cream Sandwiches to the rescue!



Ice-cream Sandwiches:
Place a scoop of slightly-softened ice-cream on top of a homebaked or store-bought cookie (soft cookies work best) and place a second cookie on top of the ice-cream to create a sandwich. Place on a cookie sheet and immediately put it in the freezer so that the ice-cream can set.



Not in the mood to make pie crust?
Make cobbler instead!

30 min prep time
35 mins cooking time at 370F
Preheat 370F

Crumble topping:
1 cup flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/4 c rolled oats (chopped)
pinch of salt
1/4 c breadcrumbs
7 tbs chilled butter cut into cubes

Mix everything except the butter. Add butter and quickly work into dry mixture with fingers until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs (bigger clumps ok).

Blueberry Cobbler Filling
4 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
1 tsp flour
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp brown sugar brown

No comments: