Black Fig and Chilli Tagliatelli
Adapted from Saturday Kitchen
Try this, it was surprisingly really really good!
You'll need (serves 2):
3/4 of a package of tagliatelli pasta
6 over-ripe black figs
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
pinch dried chilli (crushed red pepper flakes)
3/4 cup heavy cream
sea salt and freshly ground black
½ lemon, juice only
½ bunch basil torn
- Boil water for pasta and cook according to package instructions
- Meanwhile, remove the stems from the figs and chop into quarters and then into eighths.
- Gently heat the oil in a pan, then add the garlic and lightly fry until sticky and just golden.
- Add a pinch of dried chilli and the chopped figs. Gently fry for about one to two minutes.
- Add the cream and lower the heat, bringing the sauce to a simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Add basil and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce, tossing to combine and coat the pasta.
- Garnish with a few more basil leaves and shavings of parmesan cheese.