Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bedroom Update

new dresser

I've been keeping myself busy with a couple of home improvement projects lately - nothing that involves tearing down walls or anything, just switching out rooms and buying new pieces of furniture type of thing.

Let's start with our bedroom. As you can see, this room has been a work in progress for the past two years! I've been waiting for the right (vintage) dresser to come along but it just hasn't happened so with a baby on the way and less refinishing time/desires on my hands I decided to go down the IKEA route. I initially planned to buy the 8-drawer Hemnes Dresser but spotted this lovely grey goodness (Edland 6-drawer dresser). I can't resist anything grey, so it was almost love at first site. Although I have to confess, this thing took me three days (on & off) to assemble. It comes in two boxes with a HUGE, I mean monstrous, bag of tiny parts - it took me a while just to get all the parts organized on the floor. Would I do it again? Probably, coz I love the end product so much. I didn't get a chance to photograph it, but the drawers come lined with the prettiest white/grey pattern (little things like that make me happy). That mirror used to be downstairs, a favorite I scored at an antique market in Pennsylvania. Two years ago it probably would've been a victim of the ol' antique white spray can, but little by little I've come to appreciate the look of old wood and mixing it in with my existing stuff! The lamp is from Target and the lovely garland was crocheted by my Mom.

Thank you so much for all of your nice comments from my previous post. We're so excited and can't wait to welcome the pea into our family! Oh and a few have asked about the reading nook - the awesome dollhouse bookshelves was a used purchase. I saw an ad in our local community site and emailed the woman immediately! It was originally from Potter Barn, unfortunately they no longer sell it. The garland is something I made. The blackboard was another find from an antique market, pillows are from Fern Living and the beautiful blanket was a gift (I just folded it over a cot mattress). You can't see it in full but I have a couple of hanging lanterns that used to be in this room back in 2009 then I got sick of them and they ended up hanging out in the attic for a couple of years, but I finally came around and dusted them off this month!

Next up I'll show you our new Dining and Living Room set ups. I decided to switch the rooms around!

3 comments:

melissa loves said...

YAY! I know you don't plan on posting regularly but, it seriously makes me happy to see pics up here, from you! You know I LOVE all the changes you have been making and it all looks so beautiful! LOVE that dresser and the tiny touches of pink? perfect.
xo
Melis

Marichelle said...

Thanks Melis!! Means a lot coming from one of the best home decorators out there!!

Jess said...

Hey! We have that dresser! I ended up changing the knobs, but I love it's look either way!