Monday, November 29, 2010

Back from Texas

Oh yes it is. Fried turkey!

We spent our Thanksgiving with my family in Texas this year. Thank you so much to the Texas crew for making us feel at home, especially to my sister Cheryl who kept the food IV dripping all week long!! Hope everyone is recovering from food coma - I ate SOoo much last week (including a deliciously fried Turkey, def one of the highlights!! Thanks to my brother-in-law Gerald for making our dreams come true!) AND yes we survived our first plane trip with the little one. She did amazingly well, I fed her at takeoff and landing and she pretty much slept most of the way. Although she did freak out while I was changing her in the tiny bathroom, I think the sound and vibrations from the engine scared the crap out of her (literally!)

anthro shopping

A reunion with my family isn't complete without a little shopping, so here's a little sneaky sneak of what I found along the way...

Love this top! Love the way it fits and how versatile it is. Admittedly pricey but I'm hoping that it's going to be a keeper. I don't usually buy perfume (I've been loyal to my Stella by Stella McCartney since god knows how long) but I thought it was time to add a couple of new ones into the mix. The two are complete opposites - Royal Aphotic - Courts of Venice is spicy/dark and Susanne Lang Layers Rollerball - Midnight Orchid is sweet/light. I need to stop myself from walking into anymore Anthros, they get me every single time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we need an Anthro support group. I never walk out empty handed either even if I just pick up a candle.

Ez said...

Yay! You're back! I loved that top too but ended up falling for this cute asymmetric black sweater (thank goodness Anthro gives a birthday discount - I'm going back tomorrow to get it). I'll have to show you.
Can't wait to see more photos (preferably of you and the cute one...and not the massive turkey carcass - lol).

Roxy Te said...

I've heard so much about this deep fried turkey, but have yet to meet the little guy. Poor thing! p.s. Read your about section on your other blog- I quit the corporate world too! It wasn't for me...I'm still finding my way, and it's sometimes scary, but I would never trade it for that number crunching misery!