Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lady in Red

Taking a small break from baby/bump talk to discuss something just as important and unpredictable...
Red Lipstick!

lady in red

I've been searching high and low for a red that would not only work with my skin tone, but something that I would feel comfortable enough to actually wear outside of my house AND not feel like an impostor or a Robert Palmer video chick has-been. After spending what seemed to be hours at Sephora testing out all the reds from every line until my lips were stained and chapped from applying - wiping off - reapplying - wiping off (it was about as much fun as shopping for jeans while bloated and PMSing)... Melis found THE ONE (bless your soul). Of course with my luck, they didn't have anymore in stock, so I ended up ordering it online. Its got a little bit more of orange/pink in it and less blue (which didn't seem to agree with my yellow undertones).

I love you Givenchy Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick #17.

12 comments:

Adele {modernemotive} said...

Suits you perfectly M. Beautiful pictures of you too.

Melissa de la Fuente said...

Um....how incredibly gorgeous ARE you?! SUPER gorgeous, that's how! I love, love this shade on you. It is red but, a subtle red....just perfect. For me, it was so much fun trying to find the right one for you. And I am so happy we found it! Yippee for small pleasures :)
Alright, beautiful soon to be mama....have a great day and have I mentioned what a great photographer you are? Well, you are. So there. ;)
xo
Melis

Karen said...

ooohhhhh...nice!!!!! might have to purchase this one...DCT Blistex has been my lip of choice for years...my lips need a little color! :-)

b a i l e y d o e s n ' t b a r k said...

love it!

Zee said...

Love it sexy mama!!!! You know I'm going to have to try it!

lisacitron said...

You are so incredibly beautiful. Absolutely radiant...yeah.. and that red is good too ;-)

I have to say, when i was as preggers as you were... i look like i ate a cow. Bloated and horrible. you look INCREDIBLE.

Marichelle said...

Y'all are just too kind! I should've probably mentioned that I took at least 40 shots. Thanks Adele! Melis, it's the camera I swear. Z/Karen - definitely test it out, there was another contender (also Givenchy, think it was Fruity Orange but that one was def more coral/orange). RJ, next time I see you, I'll probably have a baby in tow, miss you! Lisa, thank you so much. Honestly, I think I just got lucky this time around. I'm sure #2 will not be so kind to mama. Look who's already talking 2 when 1 hasn't even arrived yet!!

Christina said...

The red looks great!!! I too am Asian and have been on a (mental, not yet actual) quest to find a red lipstick that works. I'm a little paler than you but of course have yellow undertones. You've inspired me to find the right one. And I too love the self-"portraits"! :)

courtney. said...

red lipstick is so fun when you can actually find a shade that suits you. that one looks great on you!

Marichelle said...

Thanks Courtney! Christina, you might also want to give NARS Velvette Lip Pencil in Red Square a try http://www.narscosmetics.com/Velvet-Matte-Lip-Pencil-C26_makeup_7.aspx I've seen it on a couple of friends who are paler and I love the way it looks on them!

Mod and Mint said...

Hey Lady!
Just stopping in checking how you are doing and ofcourse if the little one has arrived already!
I see you looking gorgeous with that red lipstick but no sign of the newborn yet. Getting close now! Exciting! Will check back soon!

jennifer said...

gorgeous!!!! everyone needs a little red lipstick in their life.