Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Simple Breakfast or Lunch

Easy Lunch

I have the hardest time figuring out what to eat for lunch. Most of the time I'll end up eating Peanut Butter Pows cereal (my current favorite) or even worse - cave into my canned tuna cravings (which I'm supposed to be limiting while pregnant). I often get into food patterns where I'll eat the same thing over and over again for weeks and then completely forget about it.

Easy Lunch

I was relieved to spot a couple of eggs left from my french toast escapade and was instantly reminded of my egg + tomato obsession. But this time I remembered the onions, a light sprinkling of smoked paprika on top - oh and I didn't scramble the eggs. So saute the onions in some olive oil then add tomatoes (salt + pepper) until they get a little soft then drop in two eggs in the middle (more salt on yolk). I poked a hole in the yolks and waited a couple of minutes before turning them over to cook just for a couple of minutes (all for Emma's sake of course!) Served on top of toasted & buttered English muffin :)

Halfway through the meal, I realized I forgot to sprinkle some fresh parsley on top (Cholula Hot Sauce would've been nice too!). Oh well, next time.

2 comments:

Liza said...

Delicious! I'm making this for myself this weekend!

Liza said...

Delicious! I'm making this for myself this weekend!