Tuesday, May 12, 2009

C'mon grass don't be shy

I've been told that less is more in this case but I just couldn't help but tinker with the instructions.


After pulling out a crap load of pachysandras underneath the Dogwood tree, we're left with nothing but a HUGE patch of dirt. We bought this stuff from HomeDepot a couple of weeks ago that's supposed to help you with patches. Now I know it's meant for small patches but since we have more than half a bag left, I decided to use it on this larger area. I also decided to spread a very sparse layer of shady grass seed on top of the PatchMaster. I'm well aware that the PatchMaster already contains grass seeds, but I have a bad habit of doing things my way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Here's a picture of a patch that we used PatchMaster on, you can see some grass growth.

No comments: