Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Testosterone. Gotta love it.


Z and I were chatting last night and she mentioned how her hubby Ryan finds "us girls" (meaning our little chick crew) very amusing at times. Amusing in the fact that we allow such little things to bother us. Now before some you start bashing sweet ol' Ryan, I have to say, I agree with him 100%. I guess that's what makes us chicks right? The chemicals that rage throughout our curvy bodies, controlling our instincts and for the most part provide a steady dose of comedy relief for our boyfriends and husbands.

Now allow me to explain the cooking mitt. Hillsy made a request for cookies the other day. He hardly makes requests so I happily obliged. For some reason the damn racks were set too high but I didn't realize this until it was too late - the cookies were getting too brown at the midway point. So I panicked and attempted to move the rack with the baking sheet still on it (pure laziness which I pay for BIGtime). Trying to hold the baking sheet steady with one hand and fumbling the rack loose with my other, the cookies slide off the parchment paper and immediately plop down to the bottom of the oven - one by freakin' one. I'm cursing, getting all flustered, cookies sliding away, mitted hand trying to save them...basically having a cow at this point as I watch each one go down...oven starts to smoke up because the chocolate starts to burn...


And there was Hillsy in the background laughing away finding the whole thing hilarious. Taking pictures of the mit that looked like it just ate a dozen cookies. Thanks to him, I was able to snap out of it and we both burst out into laughter. I wasn't able to save the batch but we managed to have about 2 cookies each and had a really good laugh about the whole thing.

Thanks for that shot of testosterone babe!

No comments: