Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Inspired by MOMA

Z and I met up on Friday and decided to go to the Museum of Modern Art. I must confess that I'm not a huge museum goer, surprisingly, I really really enjoyed it and have decided that it's something that I'd like to start doing more often.

There were two exhibits that really stood out for me:
- Joan MirĂ³: Painting and Anti-Painting 1927–1937
- Marlene Dumas: Measuring Your Own Grave

I'm no art expert but I am an expert when it comes to my own senses & feelings and when I walked through these two VERY different exhibits, I knew that I had made a personal connection with what my eyes were seeing. I think the fact that I had no preconceived notions about either artists really allowed me to trust my own instincts and was an experience that I truly appreciated...


Anyway, the point of this post was to show you a picture of the 3rd floor - well a part of it I guess. The walls were this vibrant, energetic pink - almost a pepto pink but really nice. I have one room left to paint (the guest room) and I've always wanted a pink room... so I'm thinking this may be it.

No comments: