Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Last Night's Dinner #135: Mmm Mmm Mmm Chicken



WARNING: MJ (my sister), don't scroll down. I have pics of raw chicken pieces below and I know how squeamish you get!!

So I googled "Crispy Roasted Chicken" and found this little gem. I'll have to try Christian's recipe one of these days but here's what he inspired...


1/2 stick butter, 2 pieces of garlic & large thumbsize of ginger finely finely grated, 1/2 cup or so of sweet soysauce (Kecap Manis can be found in Whole Foods!) or maybe you can use soysauce and just add a little brown sugar? and of course 3 large pieces of chicken of your choice.

What can be worse than deep frying in a gallon of oil? Slathering 3 chicken pieces (skin on) with half a stick of butter :)

So if you're health conscious, this may not be the recipe for you OR you can give it a shot and run an extra mile or two.

Preheat oven 400F


Combine butter + ginger + garlic + soysauce

NOTE: Learn from my mistake, it's best to soften your butter before doing this! Or it will come out looking like this...


I wouldn't necessarily melt the butter - but close to it.



As if coating wasn't bad enough, I decided to put some of the butter mixture under the skin. I figured if I'm going to have 1/2 stick what's another tablespoon right?

Bake for 50 minutes at 400F. I served it with an "Oriental" inspired salad to go with the soysauce ginger flavors of the chicken. You can also sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds on top for added drama if you have them.



Yummy on the outside and SO moist on the inside!

No comments: