Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dinner with friends

So I had some of my girlfriends over for dinner last night - sort of like a last dinner at my apartment kind of thing :(

I didn't want to end up in the kitchen all night, so I chose something that I could prepare beforehand and didn't require a lot of attention and fuss.

I did however spend a couple of hours making fresh orrechiette in the morning. Want to make fresh pasta? It's super easy!




The sauce was made out of onions, carrots, carrots, Italian Sweet Sausage, beef, 1 can of whole tomatoes, fresh thyme, adding water little by little (about 1 can and a half worth) and seasoned with salt and pepper of course - all slow cooked for about 3 -4 hours. I love slow cooked sauce, it gets nice and thick and the flavor is deep and satisfying!





I was also able to get rid of a good amount of my giveaway clothes! Thanks girls!

No comments: