Friday, August 29, 2008

Last Night's Dinner #128: My favorite Tuna Pasta

I've made this a dozen of times but it seriously is one of my favorite quick pasta dishes to make...
You really just need a red onion, one tomato, one garlic clove, can of tuna (in olive oil) and penne pasta. You can also make this with Puttanesca sauce as seen here.

Start boiling water for pasta - should take 9 to 12 minutes to cook. In the meantime...


Sauté onions, garlic and tomato in a little bit olive oil. Add a pinch of crushed pepper flakes for zing. Cook until tomatoes start to break down. Then add tuna and oil. Try to keep the pieces fairly big. Season with salt and pepper.


You don't need to add caperberries (I just happen to have them), but I do think adding something tangy really makes this dish even better - black olives, capers, even squeezing a bit of lemon juice would work!


Drizzle more olive oil before serving - perfect with a piece of ciabatta. One day, I'm gonna have to try this recipe with fresh tuna.

No comments: