Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Back from holiday

I'm surprised at how slowly the days went, usually holidays have a tendency to whizz by.



I categorize most of my trips into 4 categories - family, rest & relaxation, business and site-seeing/culture. This last one was an R&R trip, where we did absolutely nothing! The only worries we had were what to drink, what to eat and pool? or beach?.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it (it gets such a bad rap) but I absolutely love Cancun (sans Spring Breakers). Although we were cutting it real close this year, I noticed a few groups of students on the flight over and I couldn't help replay the wild scenes of MTV Cancun Break in my head over and over again. Luckily for us - according to the locals, it doesn't get crazy until next week.... phew!



These three pictures pretty much sum up the weekend:
:: the view
:: the drink ("miami vice" - half pinacolada, half strawberry daiquiri)
:: the food - I chose the fish and they grilled it, mmmm soooo good



Although I really should add one more picture - I got a little too sun-happy and stayed out a little longer than I should've. I'm somewhat crispy and my famous sun blisters have made an appearance. I can hear my mother's voice saying "OH - you are too dark!". I also couldn't keep my eyes open during American Idol and had a really tough time getting up this morning.... could it be sun poisoning??

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Where did you stay, it looks beautiful?!

/// said...

Oh man, I'm SO SO jealous right now!!!

Marichelle said...

We stayed at Le Blanc Spa Resort - I highly recommend it!