Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up: Hookah

I completely forgot about the 3-day weekend (Martin Luther King Jr.)!
So here's a quick weekend update then I'll be signing off and enjoying the rest of the day with Hillsy - who has a day off today!

I guess the most eventful part of my weekend was Saturday night. It was a friend's birthday and he decided to do something a little different this year and celebrate it at a Hookah lounge. I've never smoked a hookah before so I was pretty excited to give it a try and see what the big deal was...



It really wasn't a big deal and frankly I don't really get the point. Hillsy said it best, it's basically like smoking Jolly Ranchers. I guess it would have to be, since it's legal and we're in a city where cigarette smoking has been banned for years now. The contraption looks pretty hardcore but all it is is non-tobacco fruit herb. You smoke it as if you're smoking a cigar or a cigarette. You don't get high or anything, it's just supposed to be relaxing (so I was told). I honestly think it was the smoke and the mixture of scents (apple, rose, banana) that got me feeling "light". Sort of the same feeling I would get riding in the car with my mom and her heavy perfume =)

We had fun though, so I guess that's all that matters! There was even a belly dancer who gave the birthday boy a special dance.

I spent Sunday tending to my new project and I'm very very happy with how things are going, I'm pretty much on schedule for next week's store update.


Three of Cups

We had Sunday night dinner at a restaurant that I constantly walk by (for the past 3 years) but have never tried - Three of Cups. Sadly, I wasn't missing out on anything.

No comments: