Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Grown-up Milk & Cookies



I've been meaning to post this image from my Thanksgiving dinner. I love the presentation AND it's an easy make-ahead dessert and who doesn't love milk & cookies?

Well it's not really milk, it's Buttermilk Pannacotta served in little glasses.

Buttermilk Pannacotta
1 envelope of unflavored gelatin (1/4 oz)
1 C of heavy cream
2/3 C of Cane sugar (you can substitute regular white sugar)
2 C buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract (as good as you can get)

Combine gelatin and 1/4 C of water in a small bowl or mug.
Heat up heavy cream and sugar until all of the sugar dissolves. No need to boil it, just warm it up a bit. Remove from heat and whisk in the gelatin/water mixture.
In a separate bowl (fairly large), combine buttermilk and vanilla.
Stir in the cream and sugar mixture little by little.
Fill up ramekins/glasses and refrigerate covered at least 3 hours (I prefer overnight).

I used my favorite cookie recipe - also made a day in advance.

1 comment: