Monday, December 10, 2007

Dear Santa... Part 1 - Crafting

I'm not a hard person to get a present for because the words "oooh I need.." or "oooh I want..." seem to come out of my mouth at the speed of light. It's crazy that we're already in the second week of December which means crunch time for Christmas gifts. So all week long, I'll be sharing my ultimate wishlist divided into categories - a new one per day (craft, cooking, clothes, makeup and home) and I hope it serves as a useful gift guide.

NOTE: Hillsy, you're not allowed to get anything on this list! Remember - we need to come up with our own ideas!!! Okay... maybe the japanese craft books ;-)



1. I don't really need a new sewing machine, my starter one still works - even if I yell at it once in a while. But if I were to get one, the Singer 7470 Confidence Computerized Sewing Machine ($389.99) would be at the top of my list. Martha keeps touting it on the show, but regardless of what she says, I've checked out the reviews and it's all the rave!

2. Not that I have anymore room to spare on my table, but check out what the Xyron® 900, ($119) can do... Stickers, magnets, labels and even laminates. Simply feed the item in, turn the handle and trim. Just think of the possibilities!

3. I can never have too much fabric!
Check out remakeables, Purl Patchwork and Reprodepot Fabrics for a wide variety of to-die-for prints.

4. I also have a semi-addiction to wool felt and have recently found out about AETNA Felts. They carry 100% wool felt and in just about every color you need.

5. Eventhough I have more embroidery floss than I know how to organize, I would love to get my hands on some hand-dyed Valdani Embroidery Thread - some say it's the best. Available at Purl.

BOOKS
1. I've been going gah-gah over these books from the Chocolateswirl Etsy shop. The cutest Japanese craft books ever:



:: Appliqued Bags and Accessories for Kids - Japanese Craft Book($21.99)
:: Cute Embroidery and Cross Stitch Designs - Japanese Craft Book ($18.99)
:: Design Collection for Kids - Japanese Craft Book ($20.99)
:: Bags for Going Out - Japanese Sewing Craft Pattern Book ($21.99)
:: Stitch Ideas Volume 2 - Japanese Embroidery Design Craft Book ($19.99)

2. I also wouldn't mind owning Jenny Hart's Sublime Stitching: Hundreds of Hip Embroidery Patterns and How-To & the Stitch-It Kit (Buy Together Today: $36.52)

3. Although I'm not a child nor have any, I still want See and Sew: A Sewing Book for Children ($20.44)

AND last but certainly not the least...
Check out this dreamy Marina Bautier sewing table/cabinet (unfortunately I don't have pricing info)


It needs no words!

Food & Cooking Wishlist tomorrow!

No comments: