Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Last Night's Dinner #60: Malaysian Sweet and Sour Eggs



Rasa Malaysia does it again!

There's just something about eating eggs for dinner that brings me back to my roots - I can't quite explain it. Eggs and rice... I wish I had these last two recipes back in college when I was broke!

It's a tough call, but I think I might prefer this recipe over the Son in Law Eggs (but not by much) - both are winners in my book. This dish was a little lighter since it didn't require deep-frying and the sauce was more like a broth. It's such a perfect savory balance of sweet, sour, salty and a little bit of spice.


I may have slightly overcooked the eggs

Again, a very simple dish with a lot of punch. Very few ingredients (eggs, onions, scallions, chili, tamarind, sugar, and of course fish sauce) and steps to follow. The hardest part is frying the eggs. The best part is that you can make this in a flash, it took longer to cook the rice! This definitely makes it to my must try list. So head over to Rasa Malaysia for the recipe and make some Malaysian Sweet and Sour Eggs for dinner (or lunch)!

No comments: