Monday, November 12, 2007

Green & Thrifty Table Decorations



One of my friends is getting married next month and we're in the middle of shower planning... I'm "in charge" of "embellishments" so I came up with a green and thrifty idea that could work for any occasion.

Make your own table confetti to jazz up your Thanksgiving table setting.



I discretely grabbed stacks of paint swatches from various hardware and paint stores. Free and the color options are endless - what more can you want? I chose sage green and chocolate brown hues to go with Lyn's motif. Then I just simply punched circles using hole punchers. I have a regular standard puncher, a scalloped-edge 3/4" and a plain 1" circle puncher. It's nice to have various sizes and edge styles to add texture (but not necessary).

You'll notice that some of them will have marketing copy on the other side of the swatch. If you have time and don't want this to be visible, you can dab some glue and stick two circles together... or just leave it and embrace your thriftiness and ingenuity!

No comments: