Monday, November 19, 2007

Last Night's Dinner #62: Giant Cheese Popovers

The Brit unwillingly bows down to the French...

Look at what sous chef Hillsy baked last night!


Giant Cheese Popovers

We were uncertain about a couple of recipes so we decided to test some out this weekend in preparation for Thanksgiving.

I saw Chef Laurent Tourondel (owner of BLT, where these are served) whipping these up on Martha and wanted to add them to my Thanksgiving menu. I wasn't sure how Hillsy would feel about them, since he usually makes Yorkshire Pudding (pretty much the same thing minus the cheese). I managed to twist his arm to give the recipe a shot - fortunately no arm twisting was necessary when it came to eating them and he managed to inhale 5 of these babies. It was hard for him to admit, but he was very, very impressed with the recipe.



I would have to agree. My favorite part is the crusty crunchy cheese crust.
I'd love to play around with the recipe and maybe try parmesan cheese with a bit of rosemary.

No comments: