Four more weeks to go!!
So. About that easy & relaxing weekend... well it didn't turn out exactly as planned. Friday night was nice. Went out for some Thai food then caught the new flick Inception. Not sure if it was because of Joseph Gordon-Levitt (love him) and Mr. Leo, but I really enjoyed it. The rest of the weekend was full of baby-related errands. Spent Saturday buying the rest of the stuff on our baby essentials list from Buy Buy Baby and IKEA. We also installed a banister for my mom's sake, she's staying with us for a while and doesn't have the best balance so we thought it was essential to have. I'll post pics of the whole thing later on it the week. It wasn't too hard, except we have really bad walls and it was a pain in the butt to find the studs so we ended up drilling way too many holes that we'll eventually have to patch up.
I also finished packing my hospital bag. Here's what I ended up packing:
- comfy PJs that also work as lounging around clothes, robe, socks, slippers, flip-flops for shower
- underwear, nursing tanks/bras, nursing pads, (plan to use hospital's giga maxi-pads)
- going home clothes
- receiving blanket + stuffed toy to put in the baby's bassinet, going home clothes, mittens/hat, nail clipper
- baby journal
- travel sized basic toiletries for both of us (toothbrush/toothpaste etc)
- makeup bag
- large ziplock full of snacks (fruit strips, granola bars, mints, lollipops)
I also attached an index card outside of the bag listing out items not to forget that aren't in the bag (e.g. iPad, camera, chargers, boppy pillow, extra pillow, birthing ball, my regular bag etc.).
Hillsy seems to think that she'll arrive a week early (if she's anything like me that is). I guess you could say we're ready.