Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getaway: Lambertville, NJ


An hour drive from our home is the lovely town of Lambertville, where we snuck out for a mini honeymoon getaway last weekend. A sleepy quaint town full of cute antique shops, art galleries, B&Bs, and plenty of good eats - Lambertville is definitely now on the top of our list of quick getaway spots. We stayed at the York Street House (recommended by Melis), where we reluctantly left well-rested and well-fed. Here are a few bits from the trip...


grand marnier mousse

And of course you can't leave Lambertville without scoring...
We spotted this unique Vintage Turkish Baby Cradle at a sidewalk sale and couldn't resist the awesome color and amazing hand-painted details. I usually spray paint everything white, but this piece is staying as is - all it needs is a little cleaning and a mattress pad. We even met the girl that the cradle originally belonged to... she's now a teenager.


I spotted this Linen Upholstered Wingback Chair, I think it's from the 60s at The People's Store and just couldn't resist. You know I love me some yellow and grey so it was very hard to leave behind.


I may have to do some tweaking around in this room - I think I may have a little too many patterns/colors happening. Melis, I need your help (again!) You think I need to get rid of the aqua secretary? Repaint?


Clementine said...

Oh, wow, loving these two finds!! I'm totally jealous of the wingback chair. And the cradle is gorgeous!!
Nice work, Mrs. :)

plus, love the subtle shot of Hillsy's ring on his hand :)

Karen said...

LOVE the cradle...and LOVE LOVE LOVE the wingback chair!!!!

kim @ stellacake said...

my goodness - what a beautiful cradle!

Marichelle said...

Thanks ladies!! I still can't believe the lady got rid of this cradle, I'm keeping it and hopefully my baby girl will feel the same when she's all grown-up!!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

no way girl,i love it--keep up the good work...such lovely pics of lambertville-so glad for your getaway (and your awesome finds!) xo

joyouslysimple said...

I love the pieces you picked up on your trip. I say keep the aqua secretary, from the looks of the picture each item compliments the other.