Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Flat-Jacks


Convenience and ease did not pay off this morning. I woke up with an intense craving for pancakes and out of sheer laziness I opted for the Bisquick box instead of mixing up my own pancake mixture. Big. Big mistake. I'm guessing that the mix was out of date, coz these were THE worst pancakes I've had in a loooong time. I've made Bisquick pancakes before that were good - no where near this atrocity - we're talking flat, dense and just plain gross!! The only saving grace was the banana topping I whipped up. Sliced up bananas sprinkled with a little bit of sugar, quickly sauteed in butter! Oh well, lesson learned... don't be lazy!


Anyone have a favorite pancake recipe to share?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is our family's favorite recipe.

0_o said...

there is a mold that grows in old pancake mix that is deadly. hope you didn't eat that.

Marichelle said...

Thanks, I'll definitely have to try that recipe!!
Oooh I think I may be one of the lucky ones!!

L'Astuce à l'Oreille said...

really ? It looks so goods on the pic ! I don't have special recipe for pancakes, but yesterday I made the best carrot cake ever if you want ;-)

Laura said...

i have this trick i do with stale pancake mix.. add a bit of mayo in the batter to freshen it up. it's saved me on those lazy days :)