Friday, December 19, 2008

Turn that frown upside down

Why do we often focus on the negative and fail to see the good in things/people or at least fail to (vocally) acknowledge them? I'd like to start jotting down some of my own experiences in an attempt to be more aware of my own negativity, give praise where it's due AND to see how many times I can flip a frown :)

Experience #1
I was going through a basket of clean laundry yesterday and my heart skipped a few beats when I spotted one of my favorite (wool) sweaters at the bottom of the pile. I immediately yelped "noooooooooo!" I must've tossed it into the laundry bag by mistake and not knowing any better Hillsy washed it along with the washable darks. Although it was only half (maybe even a quarter) his fault, I couldn't help but be angry - "god, it's wool for christ's sake!" (in my head).

After a couple of minutes of silent-fuming, I managed to calm down and silently muttered "hey ungrateful girl, at least you have a man who helps out and does the laundry without even being asked to!"

Would I trade that in for a J.Crew sweater? Not in this lifetime! Frown turned into a smile. Flipped!

image: jcrew.com

1 comment:

Karen said...

you also have a man who cooks AND rakes the lawn...dag girl!!! :-P