Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last Night's Dinner #130: Dinner for One

Here's proof that dinner for one doesn't need to be boring or come from a frozen box!


I was walking around the Farmers Market looking for something to cook for dinner. You can't beat the endless crates of fresh vegetables, all gleaming with color screaming out "me" "me" "pick me!". So I did. I bought a super red NJ tomato, have you ever sniffed a tomato that actually smells like a tomato? Believe me, the tomatoes at my local Key Foods definitely doesn't smell like the ones at the Farmers Market. I also bought a couple of baby eggplants, one yellow zucchini and a sweet Italian pepper. I knew that I would simply slice these up and broil them - wish I had a grill!

Walking towards the end of the market I spotted the fish booth - Mmmmm scallops! So I bought 1/4 pound of scallops (4 to be exact) and I was excited to make dinner.

When I got home I was craving pasta so I thought ... grill the veggies in the broiler with olive oil, pan fry the scallops and make a simple tomato/onion sauce for the pasta.






Presto. Half an hour later...

I was one happy girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. Looks delicious. I haven't had scallops in a long time.