Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Last Night's Dinner #114: Open Face Focaccia Sandwich



This week is going to be full of quick ideas - I'm knee deep with work over at Heart Handmade and something has to give.

Last night, I made one of our favorite quick meals - soup & sandwich. I spotted this bread from Trader Joe's and thought it would make a great base. It wasn't as dense as I would like, but overall decent.



I've made this before, but with Parmigiano Reggiano - I definitely prefer Fontina's creaminess.
Pre-toast bread.



Layer greens, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle some salt and freshly ground pepper, drizzle fresh lemon juice, add slices of prosciutto and fontina (drizzle more oil). Toast until cheese starts to melt.


Perfect with a nice bowl of tomato soup

You can also make this more like a panini by adding another piece of bread on top, grilling it on a skillet and pressing it flat with another pan (as a weight).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks amazing! ang sarap siguro :)

Marichelle said...

erasmusa- it's one of my favorite easy dinners... you can't go wrong when cheese and pork are involved! Although, I bet if you replace the prosciutto with lechon it would be a winner!