Thursday, April 10, 2008

Inspiration for the home

Sorry I'm a bit late today - I'm not feeling so hot. I think there's something going around because half of my friends have been reporting sore throats and I finally felt mine acting up last night. Hillsy made me a cup of lemon and honey tea before he left for work and I'm currently glued to the couch hoping for the best.

Anyway, I was over at All Things Bright and Beautiful this morning and saw this picture. I'm not a natural when it comes to home decor. I find the whole furniture placement - home accessories thing all very scary. I never know where to put what and whether something goes with something etc.


Image courtesy of All Things Bright and Beautiful

I just fell in love with this image because look at all the different patterns and colors mixed in together, but everything is in harmony. I love it. This is getting printed and posted on my wall. So I can refer to it when I start second guessing myself about matching colors and patterns! I really need to paint the apartment...

2 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well!

I feel the same about home decor sometimes. I have so many different objects that I love, and I sometimes wonder how they look all together - I'm never going to have a cohesive or matchy-matchy house! It's great to see something like that picture, where different colours and patterns are combined and look so vibrant and ... happy, I guess :)

Marichelle said...

Thanks Andrea!