Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Greeting cards with extra love

I've been wanting to share this for a while now, but I didn't want to chance my friend Jessica seeing it on the site before actually receiving it!



Jessica just got engaged so I decided to make her a card out of left-over tulle that I had from my veil and satin scraps from my bridesmaid dresses.

So next time you have the opportunity to give someone a card, take a stab at making one. You can use a bunch of things just laying around the house/apt. Giving a card to someone who loves coffee? Use coffee grounds as you would sparkles, draw a mug, dab on a little glue and pour grounds over the glue. A coffee scented card! Or you can simply take a store-bought card and add a touch of "love" to it by hand or machine stitching on the card or the envelope. Possibilities are endleess!

And remember, it doesn't have to be perfect... the imperfections is what makes it hand-made and full of love. The receiver will surely appreciate it.

No comments: