Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Last Night's Dinner #26: Tuna Artichoke Panini & Peach Pie





Here's another easy and tasty dinner idea. I got this panini recipe from Giada's Family Dinners.

Tuna and Artichoke Panini
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins

You'll need:
3/4 c pitted kalamata olives
2 tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 c mayo
2 (6oz) tuna in olive oil, drained (my favorite kind is Genova's, Progresso's is also good)
1 (12oz) jar marinated artichokes drained coarsely chopped
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 (1lb) loaf ciabatta
1 tomato sliced (optional)



Combine olives, garlic, oil, zest and puree in food processor. Blend in mayo toss tuna, artichokes, lemon juice pepper in a separate bowl. Carefully hallow out the bread leaving mostly crust. Spread olive spread on bread, add tuna mixture on top. Gently press down and throw it on the grill or a heated pan. If you're using a pan, use a smaller one to place on top and with oven mitts on, press on it to weigh it down =)

Farm Fresh Peach Pie
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 - 45 mins



I was on my way to Trader Joe's yesterday and noticed these lovelies. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I was initially planning to make Banana Cream Pudding pie but my bananas aren't quite ripe yet. I found a recipe from my Betty Crocker Book. I couldn't be bothered to make my own crust, so I tried out TJ's for the first time (I'll probably make it from scratch next time). I was happy with how it turned out, the filling was nice - sweet and tart, just the way I like it!.

Preheat oven to 425F
Bake for 35 to 45 mins



filling (for 9" - 9.5"):

4 peaches, peeled and sliced
1 c sugar
1/3 cup (minus 1 tbs) of all purpose flour
splash of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 pinch of salt

Mix all the ingredients together and gently mix together. Dot peach mixture with 1 1/2 tbs of butter before placing top crust.

No comments: