Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gloppy frosting



I was catching up on Martha and was instantly convinced to bake a cake and test out Mrs. Milman's quick and easy chocolate frosting. Zandra had baked a yellow (box) cake in Florida and it was sooooo good. Since I'm still in lazy mode, I decided to take her lead and go BOX.



So I picked up a box of Duncan Hines. I already had chocolate chips and heavy cream, so I was all set to go. Unfortunately, I had some issues with Mrs. Milman's recipe. My frosting never set. I even waited overnight. I should've just made my basic Chocolate Ganache recipe that sets quite well. Oh well, maybe next time.


Sort of looks like a burger



It wasn't a complete disaster. I still slathered on the chocolate "frosting" and the cake still looks and tastes like a cake. Besides, how can you go wrong with yellow cake and chocolate sauce?

No comments: