Thursday, August 16, 2007

Firefox goes berserk!

I've been having some major issues with Firefox lately. It's been really really slow and I'm getting to know little miss apple pinwheel a little too well!

So, the English Muffin (isn't that a great name for him? I can't take full credit for it - I was watching "So you think you can dance?" last night, i know i know, and that's what she called Nigel) suggested that I use Safari. But I can't use Safari because Blogger isn't fully compatible with it, I lose the formatting toolbar. Anyay, he then suggests OPERA, which is OK but IT isn't compatible with the recently upgraded Flickr upload tool...urggg. OH NO, as I'm writing this post I'm noticing that Blogger is buggy on this browser too... urrggggh...what am I going to do??

But I do have to give credit where it's due and share its cool features:

Thumbnail Preview


You can use tabs just like in Firefox, but you get a useful thumbnail of the sites when you hover over the tabs. So when you have 50 tabs open, it makes it easier to find what you're looking for.

Speed Dial


Accessing your favorites has never been so easier. When you create a new tab, you get this screen which has 9 slots that you can fill up with your faves. Obviously, you can also just click on your personal toolbar favorites or just type in a URL... but I think the visual buttons are easier and quicker to use!

Anyway, let me know if you have any suggestions. I'm going to reinstall Firefox and re-import my bookmarks and see if that helps at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That thumbnail feature is awesome, but I'm pretty sure there is a FF extension for that.

As far as the nickname goes, I dunno. He has lots of nooks, but do I need to be reminded that he's always showing off his a$$ crannie? He does go well with butter, though. I think yous should stick with "babe". :=